This article will give you all the information about the error your windows license will expire soon, seen in windows 10. Windows 10 is the latest operating system and people are looking forward to installing it.
If you are still using windows 8 then you can update to Windows 10 for free in this you don’t need to complain about windows will expires soon error. Before we move to the solution part let us have a look at the types of messages related to windows that will expire soon error.
Type of windows will expire soon message
There are mainly three types of messages related to windows that will expire soon error.
Your windows license will expire soon but the window is activated: this is the most common error reported by users. This error can appear on both activated and non-activated windows system.
Your windows license will expire soon keeps popping up: this message appear very frequently and thus is irritating. It appears whenever you try to open any program, service, or any app.
Your windows license will expire soon HP, Dell, ASUS: as the name suggests this error mainly appears in HP, Dell, and ASUS users.
Now, let us move to the solution part.
7 Methods to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon
Method 1: Manual Reactivation
You can reactivate your window manually by just following these simple steps:
Step 1 – First, open the command prompt with the admin privilege. Click on the start button then on the command prompt and select run as administrator from the options.
Step 2 – Now, type slmgr – rearm command in the command prompt and hit the enter button to execute the command. Then click on okay and wait till the process is completed. Then restart your computer.
Step 3 – After completing the rebooting part, navigate to the activation pane in the setting app and click on the change product key.
Step 4 – Then you simply have to type the licensed unique product key to activate your computer /laptop.
Step 5 – Then just check if the error still persists.
Method 2: windows licensed management service
Step 1 – You have to type service.msc in the search box.
Step 2 – After the window is opened then you have to stop two services. The first is the “windows licensed management service” and the second one is the “window update”.
Step 3 – Now you have to search for windows licensed management service in service.msc window.
Step 4 – Disable the service by double-clicking on it.
Step 5 – Now similarly find window update and disable it as well.
Step 6 – Now just reboot your computer/laptop.
Method 3: by activating troubleshooter
If you are using window 10 version 1607 or later then you can use this method. The activation troubleshooter automatically finds the error and fix it. Steps that need to be followed for this method:
Go to setting app then to update and security and then activation.
The window that will appear will have a list of activation errors preventing your system from activating.
Launch the activation troubleshooter by clicking on the troubleshoot option.
Then the troubleshoot will detect the error automatically and will fix it.
After the troubleshooting process is completed close to the troubleshooter.
Method 4: locate the product key using the command prompt.
Step 1 – Run the command prompt with the admin privilege.
Step 2 – In the command prompt type wmic path SoftwareLicensingService gets OA3xOriginalProductKey then press enter to execute it.
Step 3 – You will see OS’s product key on your screen after you execute this command. Write it down and save it in a safe location.
Step 4 – Now open the setting app or you can do that by pressing the Windows key and I. Then navigate to update and security section.
Step 5 – Click on the activation option on the left side then click on change product key.
Step 6 – Now you have to type the product key that you have saved and click on the Next button.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to activate your system and the error message will be fixed.
Method 5: fix the error using the task manager
1. Open the task manager by pressing ctrl +alt + delete and select task manager.
2. When the task manager window opens then go to the processes tab and search for windows explorer.
3. Right-click on it and select the end task.
4. Click on the file and select a new task.
5. Type the explorer.exe and press enter.
Then to complete the process you have to execute the command given below in command prompt:
1. Open the command prompt with admin permission. You can do this by pressing the Windows key and X and select the command prompt (admin) from the menu.
2. Type slmgr –rearm in the command prompt and hit enter to execute the command.
3. After the process is completed reboot the computer.
Method 6: fix the error by changing the group policy
1. Press Windows key + R to open the run dialog box. Type gpedit.msc and hit the enter button.
2. The local group policy editor window will open.
3. In the left pane go to computer configuration> administrative templates> windows components then to window update.
4. Double click on the No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations.
5. Choose enable and click on apply and then ok to save the changes.
Method 7: restore the backup from a restore point
If none of the above-mentioned methods helped then you can also try to restore your system to a previous point where you have an activated version of window 10. For executing this method follow the following steps:
Step #1 – Go to the start menu and open the advanced system setting.
2. Navigate to the system protection tab then click on system restore.
3. Now choose backup according to your need from the system restore box. Then click on next.
4. Your computer will reboot and restore automatically.
This error occurs quite frequently in some users they just need to reactivate their system. The methods mentioned in the article are simple and can be easily carried out. After reading this article you will get the information about the types of errors in this case and how to fix this. Hope this article was a help.