Sometimes while you are browsing through your net you must have received an error message saying no data received Err_Empty_Response, this error message received when you are not getting access to the website, and it is not sending the response or sending the data are you need. When the webpage or your browser doesn’t receive any data, then it sends a signal for the notification error.
7 Ways to Fix No Data Received Err_Empty_Response Error
Just for your knowledge, google chrome is the most popular browsing app that was introduced in 2008. In this, we will tell you ways in which you can solve no data received error problem.
Method 1: Disable the Extension
You can customize your browsing experience with the help of extensions. It also helps you to make chrome compatible according to your need and preferences. Sometimes it may be possible that the extensions are preventing you from accessing the web. You can check the extension that has been installed in your computer by typing chrome://extensions address in the address bar on your chrome.
It will display all the installed extensions, and then you can choose if you want you to disable or remove any of these. I would suggest that you should uninstall all the extensions and then check if the error persists.
Method 2: Use Incognito Mode
If the above method does not work properly, then you can try using the incognito mode. Incognito mode protects all your personal information; anyone using your computer cannot find out what you have searched in incognito as it does not save any cached files or the browsing history. However, the bookmarks that will save will remain saved.
For opening the incognito window, click on the three dots on the top right corner of google chrome. In the drop-down menu, click on the new incognito window. Or you can simply press shift + ctrl and N. if while using incognito you don’t receive the message that that’s it this is your solution, but the bad part about this method is that you need to use incognito mode whenever you browse that website.
Method 3: Clear Browsing History
If you don’t want to use the above-given method and your problem solved by using this method it means that the cached files and the browsing history are causing the trouble as many times if you don’t delete them then your computer gets overloaded. Therefore you need to clear all the browsing history and cached files. For executing this method you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press on the three dots on the top right corner of the chrome window.
- From the drop-down window, click on more tools then navigate to clear browsing history.
- When you click on this option, a window will appear, click on advanced.
- Check on the box next to browsing history, cached images and files and cookies, and other sites.
- Then simply click on clear data. This will surely fix Err_Empty_Response error.
Method 4: Reset the Network Setting
To reset the network setting, you need to execute commands in the command prompt.
“Ipconfig” is a command-line tool that displays the current configuration of the installed IP stack on a networked computer.
Using this you can flush and reset the content of DNS. To execute this method, follow the steps given below:
- In the Cortana type command prompt in the search box, then right-click on command prompt result.
- To run in the administrative privilege, click on the run as administrator.
- After that, you will see a pop-up notification asking for your permission to allow the command prompt to make changes in your computer, click on yes.
- Now type the commands given below
netsh int ip set DNS
netsh Winsock reset
- make sure to press enter after every command to execute it.
- Allow the process to complete and once the process completed, restart your computer then launch your chrome to check if the error persists.
Method 5: Clear Chrome Host Cache
You can also clear chrome host cache, to resolve Err_Empty_Response error. For this, you have to open incognito mode by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner and choose the New incognito window, or you can open this by pressing ctrl+ shift +N.
Then type chrome://net-internals/#dns and press enter. Then click on a clear host cache button.
Method 6: Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus
It may be possible that your antivirus is blocking access to some or most of the website, this is the reason that you are getting the error message. You have to temporarily disable the antivirus so that you can make sure that the third-party antivirus is not causing the problem. If you are using any VPN client, then disable that also along with this.
Method 7: Delete Temporary Files
There are many files that you store in the temp folder. This error can be caused by this also. Delete the files in the temp folder. For this method, the steps given below need followed.
- You have to open the run dialogue box for this press window key and R.
- In the run dialogue box that appears type temp then hit enter. Make sure, logged into a window with the administrator account.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files then choose delete from the contextual menu.
- Now open chrome to see if the error persists or not.
It is a widespread error and can also occur when you are not getting access to the website. The methods described above are simple and efficiently carried out for no data received Err_Empty_Response error. I hope this article was a help.