Are you one of those people who use Wacom tablet to draw images? If yes, good, but have you ever encountered an error Wacom tablet driver not found. If yes and you don’t know how to solve this problem then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will tell you ways in which you can fix this problem. But first, let us know about Wacom.
Wacom is one of the popular manufacturers of graphic tablets. A graphic tablet is used to draw images and graphics using a special pen known as stylus or stylus pen. These are generally used by artists or animators. It can be used to create a digital impression of your creation.
4 Ways to Fix Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found in Windows 10
As the error suggests, the problem is with the device driver. It tells you the information about the operating system or other software and how it helps in communicating between different hardware.
The device may not work properly if an appropriate driver is not installed. Mow, let us move to the ways by which you can fix this error.
Method#1 Rollback Wacom Tablet Driver
This is obvious that the updated version of something is better than its previous version. But sometimes the updated version may not work properly in your computer/laptop and causes some issues such as this Wacom driver not found an error.
In this case, you need to roll back to the previous version of the driver.
Rollback driver is a windows device management feature that allows you to control the hardware connected to the computing.
By using this, you can easily uninstall the current driver and replace it with the previous one. For executing this method follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing windows key and R
2. In the run dialog box type devmgmt.msc and press enter to enter the device management.
3. Double click on human interface devices to expand it.
4. Navigate to Wacom tablet device, double click on it and choose Properties from the menu.
5. Click on the driver tab and select roll back driver.
The point that should be noted here is that if your rollback driver is greyed out this means that the previous version of the driver has not been installed on this computer, which means this method is of no use for you, move to the next method.
Method#2 Update the Wacom Tablet Driver
If the above method was of no use, then you should try updating you Wacom tablet driver. For this follow the following steps:
1. Press the Windows key and R to open the run dialog box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
3. Then right-click on Wacom tablet device.
4. Then you have to select update driver and you will be shown two options choose according to the need to update the drive-
- Search automatically for updated device software: in this window will automatically search for the latest update of the driver available for your Wacom tablet device.
- Browse my computer driver software: in this, you need to find and install the driver manually.
5. After completing the above steps of downloading and installing the updated version, restart your computer and check if the Wacom is not found error is fixed or not.
If you have the updated Wacom tablet driver yet the error persists, then you reinstall the driver. For this you simply have to choose to uninstall the driver in 2nd step, then restart your computer it will automatically reinstall the Wacom tablet driver.
Method#3 Restart Wacom Tablet Service
You can also restart the Wacom tablet service as sometimes this also helps in solving the error. Just follow the steps given below to execute this method:
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R.
2. Type services.msc in the Run dialog box and hit enter.
3. Navigate to Wacom tablet service and right-click on it.
4. A drop down will appear select restart option from it.
5. After completing this problem, your error must be solved, and now you can easily use the Wacom tablet without any hindrance.
Method#4 Reinstall the Wacom Tablet Driver
If rolling back and updating the application both does not help in solving the problem, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
1. Open the device manager.
2. Then click on human interface devices to expand it.
3. Navigate to Wacom tablet, right-click on it, and select uninstall the device.
4. Mark delete the driver software for this device in the warning notification that you may get. Then uninstall it.
5. Now restart the computer. Your computer will automatically reinstall the missing files (Wacom tablet drivers) if this is not the case then go to the device manager.
6. Then right-click on computer name and select scan for hardware change. This will surely solve your problem.
This article tells you what Wacom and some simple ways in which you can solve the error that sometimes appear that is Wacom tablet driver not found.
The application stops working as the driver is faulty, and the main purpose of the driver is to carry out the communication between the hardware and the software.
You can start by updating or rolling back the driver, as this is the main cause of the error. I hope this article was a help.