Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU Usage: what is it – Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry (CompatTelRunner.exe) is a Windows procedure that is intended to gather and send use and execution information to Microsoft. A few Windows 7, 8, or 10 clients discover it causing High CPU or disk usage and afterward stress over its security or discussion whether its value impairing it.
CompatTelRunner.exe, or Compatibility Telemetry Runner, is Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser, which is a part of Windows 7, 8, and 10 systems.
The official record gathers and normally sends utilization and execution data to Microsoft so as to break down the client encounter and improve it.
The portrayed document likewise causes Microsoft to distinguish compatibility issues and guarantee compatibility when introducing the most recent Windows OS variant.
Be that as it may, Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry eats CPU by filtering PC records and checks their compatibility with Windows 10 on the off chance that an update is started.
Methods to Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU Usage
Method 1. Disable Windows Personal Data Sharing
The most effortless approach to disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry and other information-sharing administrations that transmit data from your gadget to Microsoft is to utilize a decent security programming.
With just a couple of clicks, you’ll secure your protection and lift your PC speed in a flash. Our suggested source has 7 center parts guaranteeing protection, security and PC’s peak performance
1. Open System Mechanic Ultimate Defense and go to System Mechanic tab. Run a speedy scan (or profound output) and afterward check your suggestions.
2. Under Recommendations, you should see a line expressing that Windows 10 individual information sharing administrations are as of now empowered. Click Review.
3. Here, you will see a rundown of security concerning administrations. In the Status area, change the determinations to Disabled or Block.
4. You’re made sure about it! Remember to check other security and protection proposals recommended by the product.
Method 2. Disable CompatTelRunner.exe via Task Scheduler
probably the simplest approaches to take care of the Telemetry Runner issue is to cripple it without erasing it. Follow the offered steps to stop CompatTelRunner.exe in Windows 7, 8, or 10.
1. Launch the Run window by pushing down the Windows key and R letter on your console simultaneously.
2. Type taskschd.msc and press Enter or OK.
3. Now, extend the organizers in the provided request – Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows> Application Experience.
4. Discover an assignment called Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser and right-click on it. Select Disable.
Method 3. Delete CompatTelRunner.exe After Taking Ownership of it
The accompanying technique requires having the Administrator benefits on the PC. So before you start, sign in to your PC utilizing the Administrator’s record (whichever record has administrator’s privileges).
The given technique portrays how to erase just the Compatibility Telemetry Runner record, not the whole KB2977759 update. Expelling the entire update can wreck the timetable of Windows refreshes, so we don’t suggest doing as such.
1. Open Windows search and type CompatTelRunner. Right-click on the coordinating outcome to see choices and select Open File Location. Or on the other hand, you can simply go to C disk, at that point to the Windows folder, and afterward to System32 organizer.
A much simpler technique is to open Run (Windows key + R), type C:\Windows\System32, and press Enter. In the System32 organizer, discover the document called CompatTelRunner.exe.
2. Right-click the document and pick Properties. Presently, go to the Security tab and click the Advanced button here.
3. Next, open the Owner tab and click Change alternative. At that point pick Advanced. At that point, click Find Now.
4. This presentation a rundown of proprietors, so select the record you are utilizing at the present time and click OK. At that point close tables by clicking OK. In Advanced Security Settings, click Apply and OK. You may be approached to close all Properties windows, so do as such.
5. After changing the document proprietor, you need to change the consents for the record. Right-click CompatTelRunner.exe document and open Properties by and by. Explore to Security tab > Advanced > Select User from a list > Edit.
6. A new window at that point opens, offering consent recommendations. Take a gander at the Allow segment and select Full Control. Click OK. At that point apply and OK. Click yes to confirm your decision.
7. Now that you have full control of the record right-click the document and Delete it.
Method 4. Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry via Group Policy Editor
1. Press Windows key + R to launch Run prompt and type gpedit.msc, at that point press OK.
2. Now, expand the folder in the given order – Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
3. Double-click Allow Telemetry.
4. Select Disabled alternatives in another window that shows up. Click Apply and OK.
Method 5. Disable Telemetry via Registry Editor
1. Press Windows key + R simultaneously and type in the Run prompt: regedit. Press OK. User Account Control window at that point shows up, click yes.
2. Now, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > Data Collection.
3. Right-click on Data Collection and select New > DWORD (32-piece esteem). Give this new worth name Allow Telemetry and afterward double-tap it.
4. Change Value data to 0(zero) and click OK.
Method 6. Update Windows 10
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is identified with Windows 10 update. On the off chance that you get the most recent updates, you may take care of your concern.
Step1. Click the “Start” symbol.
Step2. Go to “Settings > Update and Security settings > Windows Update”.
Method 7. Upgrade the Hard Drive to a Larger One
On the off chance that your PC frequently get 100% disk uses mistake like Antimalware Service Executable high disk usage, or Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high use, you can consider updating hard drive to a bigger on.
EaseUS Partition Master can assist you with supplanting the hard drive with another one rapidly. Interface the option hard disk to the PC (If it is another hard plate, introduce it to the MBR plate).
Windows 10 is supported
Step1: Select the source disk.
Open EaseUS Partition Master. Right-click the disk that you need to copy or clone. At that point, select “Clone“.
Step2: Select the target disk.
Step3: View the disk design and alter the objective plate segment size.
Step4: Execute the activity.
Click the “Execute the activity” choice and click “Apply” to begin the disk cloning process. We hope that this will definitely fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU Usage Error.
We trust that you figured out how to fix the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU Usage issue, and your PC works easily now.
Choose the best, which one suits you to fix the issue. This information, including which one would require. Hope this information and methods would be beneficial to you.