You can use the GWXUX process while downloading and installing the updates for window 10. Sometimes there may be some issues with this process then you will realize that GWXUX Has Stopped Working. You can install this on your computer via window update, and the name of the update is KB3035583; the get windows pop up are installed and initiated by Microsoft.
You must be thinking about what this application does? Let me tell you; it can check the compatibility of your computer to run the update of window ten and prepare the computer to install it. But due to excessive use of disk, there may be some issues with the application. In this article, I will tell you nine simple ways by which you can solve this problem.
Method 1: Uninstall the update “KB3035583.”
This is one of the most useful solutions. In this, you have to remove the update that is causing the problem. For this, follow the following steps:
1. Go to the start menu and then settings.
2. Navigate to update and security in the setting menu.
3. Now click on window update so that you can see all the updates in the right pane.
4. Then click on the advanced option.
5. Then click on uninstall the update from here.
6. Then you will see the list of all the updates; you can uninstall the update that is causing the problem.
7. After that, you can restart your computer and disable the window update feature. With this, you can resolve your problem.
Method 2: use registry editor
If the above method does not help to fix GWXUX has stopped working error then you can try by using the registry editor. I would suggest this method to experts in windows; if you do not know Windows, you should skip this method.
1. Follow the following steps for this method:
2. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R.
3. In the run dialog box type, Regedit and press enter to open the registry editor.
4. Now, you have to select software from the henky_local_machine category.
5. Now click on policies, and it will expand now to select Microsoft.
6. Then Gwx, right-click on the right pane in space, then select new and DWORD 32 -bit value from here.
7. Assign it a name “disable Gwx. “
8. Now double click on disable Gwx and change its DWORD 32-bit value. By default, it is 0; you have to make it 1 to disable it.
9. Now close the registry and restart your computer.
Method 3: use development image servicing and management tool
If you don’t want to recounter this error again, then you can use the DISM tool. It will help you to repair the damaged/ broken files in the updates for your window. It generates a log file that is known as “%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log. You can follow the following steps:
1. Right-click on the start button and select “command prompt (admin)”
2. Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and press Enter.
3. Now close the command prompt and reboot your computer.
Method 4: run system file checker
This method will find and repair the corrupted files. You can find and repair any defective file from the system.
1. Select command prompt (admin) by right-clicking on the start button.
2. Type “SFC /scan now” to start the system file checker.
3. Once the process is completed, then close the command prompt and reboot your computer.
4. Then you can check and install all the pending updates.
Method 5: Install the update manually
What you can do this, you can install the updates manually.
1. First, launch the Microsoft update catalog.
2. You will see a search box there, type the update number that is KB035583, and press enter.
3. You will see a lot of updates; click on KB3035583 and select the add option.
4. To launch the basket, click on view basket, select the update, and click on download.
5. Then select the location where you want to save this update, then select continue.
6. Once the process is complete, navigate to the location where you have saved the update, then install it.
Method 6: troubleshoot utility
When there is severe damage to your computer, troubleshoot utility fix it.
Go to Cortana and type troubleshooting and select from the list.
Under system and security, select click on fix problem with windows update.
Select the next option.
It will search for the error and troubleshoot it immediately.
Method 7: disable it inside the task scheduler
We need to disable gwxux.exe to run from the Task Scheduler. Follow the following steps:
1. In the Cortana search box, search for task scheduler.
2. Now on the left panel, navigate to Microsoft > windows> setup> gwx.
3. In the gwx folder, you will see two tasks, select both of them and disable them permanently.
4. Reboot your computer.
Method 8: Boot in Safe Mode
Booting in safe mode will help your computer to run on minimal resources, which will help to fix GWXUX has stopped working error:
1. Start the system and press any key.
2. Then select repair your computer select the Troubleshoot option.
3. Click on an advanced repair.
4. Now select the startup setting.
5. Click on the restart tab
6. Now press F4, F5, and F6, which correspond to boot in safe mode.
7. Now you will be in a safe mode, and the problem will be fixed.
Method 9: Run the Antivirus Scan
If none of the above methods help, then you run the antivirus scan. There may be a virus in your system that may be showing this error. It may be possible that you might get rid of the error once you run the scan.This is simply the best way to fix GWXUX Stopped Working Error.
GWXUX has Stopped Working Error is most common in Windows 10, and these are some of the easy methods that may help you solve the problem. The option is to uninstall and reinstall the OS, so you need to keep yourself ready for that, but I hope that would not be required now and then. Hope this article was a help.