You would be very frustrated if your Mic is not working on Discord. Guys, don’t worry as it can be fixed very easily. Discord has been the most used and trusted service for gamers for a few years now. Due to some reason, if the Mic is not working, then it is a real issue for daily users that include gamers and streamers. There are many easy ways to fix Discord Mic not working problem in windows.
There are a few bugs that haven’t been fixed, and there are several various factors that could be causing issues in discord mic. Discord mic not working is a very common issue that a lot of users have faced.
9 Methods to Fix Discord Mic not Working
To save your time from searching the internet, we are here with selected solutions for Mic not working with only the fixes that have helped users for hassle-free resume communications with their teams.
1. Logging out of Discord
If you’re looking for a fast way to fix the Discord mic not working, then logging out and in again will usually do the trick. But this method is for a temporary purpose.
To log out of the Discord go to the User Settings option in the bottom-left corner.
Then simply click on Log Out and then close Discord. You have to restart Discord and then try logging back in.
2. Twisting the Automatic Input Sensitivity Settings
One of the common solutions that will fix your discord mic not working problem is when the user in Discord’s settings disables automatic Input Sensitivity.
One of the common reasons that your Mic can stop functioning properly is if the Automatic Input Sensitivity is disabled in your Discord’s settings.
1. You have to click the User Settings icon in the bottom-left corner.
2. Then from the left sidebar, choose Voice & Video under the App Settings.
3. Next, go down the page, and under Input Sensitivity, you will see the setting Automatically detect input sensitivity. Just Turn on Automatically determine input sensitivity.
3. Running Discord as Administrator
Maybe the Discord application might not have the appropriate rights to share or transmit your audio across the internet. To make sure it’s not the case, you can try running Discord with administrator privileges.
To run the Discord as an administrator, just right-click on the desktop icon and click on Run as Administrator.
Then just click yes when User Account Control prompts you. Now, you can try to send an audio message on Discord to see if your mic work or not. Hence you can test if Discord mic is still fixed.
4. Reset the voice settings on Discord
Also, you can solve Mic not working issue by resetting the voice settings on Discord.
1. Simply click the Settings icon on Discord.
2. Next, Click Voice & Video and then Reset Voice Settings.
3. Then try to Reconnect your Microphone and then send an audio message on Discord to see if your Mic works. If the problem persists, go to other solutions.
5. Update Your Audio Driver
This Mic not working problem of the Discord mic could probably be caused by a missing or old audio driver. You can quickly fix this issue by updating your audio driver of your PC.
You can do it automatically with Driver Easy. It will automatically find your system and allocate the correct driver for your exact audio card. Next, it will download and install them correctly.
You should download and install Driver Easy.
Then, just click the Update button to install the correct version of that driver automatically.
6. Try Push to Talk
Some of the users have Discord set to push-to-talk at all times; however, if you are one that doesn’t and none of the above have worked, it’s time to try this alternative to voice activation.
1. At the start, you have to go to User Settings.
2. Choose Voice & Video on the left. Now click Push to Talk in that. You will see the input Sensitivity change to a Shortcut box.
3. It will start recording after you click the mouse button. Click ‘Stop Recording’ and you’re finished. Now check out the Mic not working problem.
7. Check if Discord Is Using the Correct Mic
It is a good option to check that Discord is using the correct Mic to remove Mic not working issue.
1. Simply navigate to User Settings at the bottom. Next, Click the Voice & Video option, which is located at the app Settings header.
2. Near the top of that, you will see a box with Input Device options. Then, you must click this and then use the drop-down pane to select your device.
Finally, you must make sure that the Input Volume slider located at this drop-down is max out entirely or default.
8. Disabling Exclusive Mode in Windows
In Windows PCs, some of the software has exclusive control over the audio device driver. So, even allowing them to do so can cause issues with Discord.
You have to right-click on the sound/volume icon in the bottom-right corner and select Recording Devices. Next, select the Mic from your headset and click on Properties.
You simply have to select the advanced tab. In that, just uncheck the checkboxes under Exclusive Mode. Don’t forget to hit Apply to confirm and then reboot your PC.
9. Change Privacy Settings
After a recent Windows update, the software was revoked access to all hardware components automatically. This is true for Discord as well.
In that case, enabling the mic access for Discord may solve Mic not working issue. Just press Windows key, type, and open Privacy Settings.
Now on the left side of windows, go below and click on the Microphone. On the right side of the window, you have to choose Apps to access your Microphone and switch to On.
Now on the right side, go below and check if Mic permission for Discord is enabled. If Discord is not found, then you must go for Win32WebViewHost. After all, Restart the PC.
So, these were the ways to fix Discord Mic not working problem. The methods that you can perform to fix the widely spread Mic not working issue. It’s not a difficult thing to follow, but you must have the patience to apply all the methods, and surely, the Mic will get fixed.
I hope you guys like this article, share your feedback and suggestions in the reply section.