If you want to open an app or any program on your computer, but it fails, and you get a notification saying “class not registered.” Rest assured, you are not the only one.
Many window users face this same problem. This is not that big a problem, and you can quickly solve this problem on your own.
How to Fix Class Not Registered Error In Windows 10
Class, not error problem can cause various pain in your PC, some of them are:
- This error can appear when you try to open pictures or videos or mainly while running the photo apps.
- This error can occur while you try to use other apps like outlook, edge, internet explorer; it can also appear while you use window explorer.
- It can also appear while you try to open the PDF files.
- DLL files can also cause this problem.
Now, let us see some methods in which you can solve this problem:
Solution 1: Disable iCloud
It may be possible that the problem is due to iCloud; if this is the cause of the problem, you may have to disable iCloud. You can do this by following the steps:
1. Press ctrl + shift + Esc to start the task manager.
2. When the task manager open, navigate to iCloud right, click and choose the end task.
You can also disable iCloud from starting by using task manager:
1. Go to the startup tab after opening the task manager.
2. Find iCloud, right-click, and choose disable.
Solution 2: re-register explorerframe.dll file
If your internet explorer keeps crashing, then you can follow the following steps:
1. Open command prompt as administrator by pressing window key + X and choosing command prompt (admin) from the menu.
2. After the command prompt starts, type regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll and press enter.
Solution 3: use component service
If you want to run the component service, follow these steps:
1. Press window key and R to start the run box.
2. Then in the run box, type dcomcnfg. Press enter or click ok.
3. When the component service windows open, go to component services> computers, then to my computers. Double click on DCOM Config.
4. If you get some warning message, then click on yes.
5. Now, close component services and restart your computer.
Solution 4: create a new Microsoft account
If none of those mentioned above solutions helped, then you might have to create a new Microsoft account on Windows 10; for this, you have to follow the following steps:
1. Go to the setting app, or use a shortcut that is windows key + I shortcut.
2.When the setting app will open, navigate to the account section.
3. Choose family and other people in the right pane. Then click on add someone else on this PC.
4. Then enter your Microsoft account email and click next.
Now you have to log out of your old account and click on the new one.
Sometimes this method does not work unless you choose to sign in with a local account. Follow these steps to switch to a local account:
1. Open settings then accounts
2. Click sign in with a local account instead. Then you will be asked to enter your password.
3. Then you have to enter your username and password for your local account.
4. Click sign out and enter the finish button.
5. Now you can log back to your account.
6. After you have switched back to your local account now, you have to follow the beginning steps.
Solution 5: Check your hard drive
If none of the solutions mentioned above help, then maybe your hard drive is at fault. So, make sure that your hard drive is working correctly.
You can check by changing your hard drive. Sometimes, replacing the hard drive solves the problem.
Sometimes you the user is not able to open anything on the desktop because of the error. To fix the error, it is advised to internet explorer as the default browser. For doing so, follow these steps:
1.Open the setting app and go to the apps section.
2. From the pane, select default apps.
3. Now go to the web browser section and set internet explorer as the default browser.
Solution 6: check if internet explorer ETW collector service is running
Sometimes your internet explorer and Microsoft edge may also be affected by class not registered error. You have to follow these steps if you are facing this problem:
1. Open the Run dialog by pressing the window key and R.
2. Now enter service.MSC and press enter.
3. For the list of services that will appear, find internet explorer ETW collector service, right-click on it, and choose Start.
4. Once you start this service, your problem should be resolved.
If you cannot open or view photos, you can try the method given below.
Solution 7: change your default image viewer
To solve this problem, you can change your image default viewer to the windows photo viewer. For this, follow the following steps:
1. Enable windows photo viewer on your computer.
2. Now find any picture on your computer and right-click on it.
3. From the menu open, choose open with> other apps.
4. For the list that will appear, choose windows photo viewer. Make sure you choose always use this app to open .jpg files. By doing so, you will use only windows photo viewer to view pictures.
Now click ok to save the changes.
Method 8: Reset your default app
Other than this, what you can do is you can reset your default app. For doing so, follow the following steps:
1. Open setting> apps> default apps
2. Scroll down and click on reset to Microsoft’s recommended defaults.
Class not registered error may cause a lot of problems even though it is not that big a problem. It will not allow you to view photos/ video; you cannot use outlook, internet explorer you even cannot open PDF files. Don’t worry; we have quite many solutions for this class not Registered error, which will surely help you.