Whenever your Application was Unable to Start Correctly, mainly on windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, you will get an error message saying the application could not start correctly. This happens when you upgrade from an older version, and somet5hing goes wrong. For example, you installed 32-bit software instead of 64 bit or vice versa. The application to which this error is related is Microsoft Visual C++, .NET framework, or direct X. in this article; I will tell you some easy steps by which you can solve this application unable to start Correctly problem.
8 Methods to Fix Application was Unable to Start Correctly
Solution 1: Restart your computer
The first method that you should try for almost every error is to restart your computer. Sometimes the error is fixed just by continuing your laptop.
So, click on the start button, then on the power button, and select restart.
Solution 2: run the program as administrator
You must try running the program in administrator mode, and this will help you solve the problem. There are two ways by which you can carry out this process.
First, run from windows search:
1. Open the window search type the name of the program you want to launch.
2. Right-click on the result and choose run as administrator.
3. You have to enter the admin password if it asks you or if you are logged in as admin, then click as.
The second way is to run the program as admin via its settings.
1. For this step, you need your executive file. Once you find it right-click on it.
2. In the menu, choose properties.
3. Click on the compatibility tab.
4. Put a tick on the run of the program as an administrator.
5. Click on apply then ok.
Solution 3: fix the disk error
One of the easiest ways to solve this problem is to fix the disk error automatically. For this, follow the following steps:
1. In window search, type cmd, then right-click and choose run as administrator, click yes or enter the admin password.
2. Now type chkdsk c:/f/r in the command prompt and press enter.
3. Type Y after that, press enter.
4. Now you have to restart your computer.
5. You can check if the error persists by launching the program.
Solution 4: reinstall the application
If none of those mentioned above solutions helped, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. You should note here that if you are getting the error more frequently, then don’t use this method; this means the error lies elsewhere. For this, follow the given steps:
1. In the search box, type control panel.
2. Click on uninstall a program.
3. Now you have to find the program which displays 0xc000007b error then click on uninstall. You have to follow the steps on the screen.
4. Now you have to go to the software official website and download and install the latest update. You have to make sure that you choose the correct version.
Solution 5: Install the window update
1. Now, if you want to update the window, open settings> update and security.
2. Here click on check for update or choose restart now.
3. Then you have to download and install all the available updates.
4. This will surely fix your problem.
Solution 6: reinstall the.NET framework
First, you should know what the .NET framework is? A .NET framework is software that helps to run and built the program on Windows OS. Uninstalling and reinstalling this software might help you fix the problem. For doing so, follow the following steps:
1. Please search for the version that has been recommended written next to it on the Microsoft website. Generally, it is the latest version.
2. Then the framework version’s page that you have chosen will open. Now click on download.NET Framework Version runtime.
3. Click on the download file to open it, and then click on yes.
4. Wait until the update is installed by following the instructions.
5. After the installation is over, you have to restart your computer.
Solution 7: repair direct X installation
If still, the error persists, then you may have to repair direct X installation. In this method, you also have to delete some files. Follow the following steps:
1. Open C:\Windows\System32 if you have Windows 7 32 bit and have Windows 7 64-bit version, C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
2. The files that you need to delete are:
- from d3dx9_24.dll to d3dx9_43.dll;
- d3dx10.dll, then from d3dx10_33.dll to d3dx10_43.dll;
- d3dx11_42.dll and d3dx11_43.dll.
3. Now go to the installer download page from Microsoft direct X user runtime, choose your language, and click download.
4. Open the downloaded file named websetup.exe. Click Yes in UAC prompt.
5. Click on I accept the agreement and click next.
6. You have to remove the tick from installing the bing bar.
7. Just wait for the installation to complete.
8. Once done, restart your computer.
Solution 8: reinstall Microsoft visual C++ redistributables
This is connected to solution five; if it does not work, then follow the same steps, but instead of clicking on change> repair, choose to uninstall, and you can repeat this for all the packages. Then you have to visit the Microsoft website to install the latest version.
This Application was Unable to Start Correctly problem generally occurs when you are trying to open some apps in windows. To solve this, the solutions mentioned in this article are quite simple and easy. But always first try restarting your computer or uninstalling and reinstalling the apps you think can cause this error. I hope this article was a help.